Sunday Links, Late April
Quite a few links in my pile of links to share. Here they are in no particular order:
'I feel violated': Engineer who pointed out traffic signals flaw fined for 'unlicensed engineering'
- Oregon has laws against pointing out flaws.
Inside the elite meme wars of America's most exclusive colleges
Experimental Nighttime Photography with Nexus and Pixel
- What if phones but too many night pictures averaged together?
First Round Review:
Fralic's 7 Rules for Making Memorable Connections
The tale of the dictator’s daughter and her prince
- come gather round the terminal and hear the story of how one core service got its port.
Sheep are not stupid, and they are not helpless either
- Get woke on sheep,
New York Times:
Comey Tried to Shield the F.B.I. From Politics
Kindergartners get little time to play. Why does it matter?
- The push for success starts early.
Torching the Modern-Day Library of Alexandria
- Another take on the failure of Google Books.
Build a Better Monster: Morality, Machine Learning, and Mass Surveillance
- A talk about strategies for ethical progress in tech.
What city is the microbrew capital of the US?
- Fun use of IP geolocation to personalize the headline.
The Flagpole Sitta Lip Dub Turns 10
How To Host Your Own Private Git Repositories
, 2:00 pm