Saturday Links, Late July
And now, the wokest links (apologies to @ameliargh):
- Politico: Inside the 24 hours that broke Sean Spicer - Spicer resigns.
- Vox: President Trump is considering pardoning himself. I asked 15 experts if that's legal. - poli sci students 3am dorm room what if? is now our reality.
- Lawfare: The President vs. Federal Law Enforcement: Trump Attacks Everyone
- Daily Beast: Team Trump Used Obamacare Money to Run PR Effort Against It - "Problematic."
- The Atlantic: What’s Broken—and What’s Still Working—in American Politics
- Jason Kottke: How to safely enjoy the 2017 solar eclipse, a buyer's guide for normal people
- Anil Dash: How Glitch is Growing - Things get interesting when you remove barriers.
- Mike Monteiro: On my second birthday we landed on the moon. - Making a larger We. Words to live by.
- New York Times: Are You a Carboholic? - Yes.
- The Verge: Google introduces the feed, a personalized stream of news on iOS and Android - Keeping Google Reader running would have given them a 10+ year head start.
- The Verge: The Game of Game of Thrones: season 7, episode 1, Dragonstone - Excellent summary and snark, +10 points. Won't trade Verge.
- BBC: Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand' - Host your own images (thoughts, ideas, creative output)! Decentralize now!
- Co.Design: AI Is Inventing Languages Humans Can’t Understand. Should We Stop It? - It doesn't look like anything to me to me to me to me to me.
- Disney Parks Blog: First Look: Disney Parks Unveils the Star Wars-Inspired Land Model - I think this park would live long and prosper but I don't see a quidditch pitch.
- New York Times: Don’t Leave Health Care to a Free Market
- Lucy Bellwood: 100 Demon Dialogues