Lots of dystopian links for some light weekend reading!
- Boston Review: Philip K. Dick and the Fake Humans - Maybe PKD was more right than Orwell or Huxley.
- Twitter Followers Vanish Amid Inquiries Into Fake Accounts
- The Follower Factory
- TechCrunch: Social media is giving us trypophobia - trypophobia isn't really a thing though?
- Vanity Fair: “This Is Serious”: Facebook Begins Its Downward Spiral
- The Guardian: ‘Never get high on your own supply’ – why social media bosses don’t use social media
- The Conversation: With teen mental health deteriorating over five years, there's a likely culprit - smartphones. (saved you a click.) Seriously alarming though.
- Business Insider: Woebot is a therapy chatbot and app for depression and anxiety
- danah boyd: Panicked about Kids’ Addiction to Tech?
- Paul Ford: Know Your Ecosystems! - Yeah, but ugh.
- Cullum Smith: How To Run Your Own Mail Server
- zwischenzugs: How (and Why) I Run My Own DNS Servers
- Motherboard: More Than 750 American Communities Have Built Their Own Internet Networks
- W3C: ActivityPub - decentralized social networking protocol specification.
- iwantmyname: I miss blogrolls - me too.