Lots of dystopian links for some light weekend reading!
Philip K. Dick and the Fake Humans
- Maybe PKD was more right than Orwell or Huxley.
Twitter Followers Vanish Amid Inquiries Into Fake Accounts
The Follower Factory
Social media is giving us trypophobia
isn't really a thing though?
“This Is Serious”: Facebook Begins Its Downward Spiral
‘Never get high on your own supply’ – why social media bosses don’t use social media
With teen mental health deteriorating over five years, there's a likely culprit
- smartphones. (saved you a click.) Seriously alarming though.
Woebot is a therapy chatbot and app for depression and anxiety
Panicked about Kids’ Addiction to Tech?
Know Your Ecosystems!
- Yeah, but ugh.
How To Run Your Own Mail Server
How (and Why) I Run My Own DNS Servers
More Than 750 American Communities Have Built Their Own Internet Networks
- decentralized social networking protocol specification.
I miss blogrolls
- me too.
- Some new tools to help put together better web gradients, hooray!
Aspect Ratio Boxes
- Using SVGs to maintain aspect ratio, neat!
Roderick on the Line
, this is in your wheelhouse)
, 11:06 am