Read This First
- Dan Hon: No one’s coming. It’s up to us. - There aren't enough across Medium to properly like/star/favorite this.
- Frank Chimero: Everything Easy is Hard Again - This about keeping our work legible.
- meowni.ca: Automatic visual diffing with Puppeteer - Promising method for finding layout bugs.
- caire - Content aware image resizing.
- Derek Powazek: Somewhere In Between - Derek is writing here again and it's great. (I really enjoy personal newsletters!)
- Vulture: In Conversation: Quincy Jones - 1.) Is this real life? 2.) How do I subscribe to QJ?
- Donald Borenstein: A style guide for writing about the rich - Ad in space was neat but we also need the big picture.
- Gizmodo: The House that Spied on Me - all IoT.
- NYT: Early Facebook and Google Employees Form Coalition to Fight What They Built - It's called Center for Humane Technology.
- The Guardian: 'Fiction is outperforming reality': how YouTube's algorithm distorts truth
- The Verge: Facebook hired a full-time pollster to monitor Zuckerberg’s approval ratings - Long story short, he quit because: ethics!
- Splitsider: How Facebook Is Killing Comedy
- Weaponising the Search Box, with James Bond and Friends - Social media leads to lazy journalism?