is that species of camping where you can drive your car right up to your campsite. You don't have to carry all of your gear on your back, so you can bring along such heavy items as:
- several coolers filled with your favorite food and drink.
- chairs. (on this last trip preston brought along a collapsable couch we dubbed the 5th man.)
- a big stove.
Unfortunately, car camping also means you can bring along:
- your diesel truck. (so at 5:30am you can rev it up for 45 minutes before you leave.)
- car stereos.
- a chainsaw for cutting up lots and lots of firewood. (lots.)
- your ATV for traveling between campsites. (apparently if you car camp you're too lazy to walk.)
- a hammer for pounding abalone for hours upon hours.
If you're going car camping - especially on memorial day weekend - don't forget this lightweight item like I did: earplugs.
From now on, I'm all about the backpacking. (But man that 5th man was comfy!)