Sunday Links, Early April
Here are some links I've been meaning to share:
- The Washington Post: Mitch McConnell, the man who broke America
- The Intercept: Top Democrats Are Wrong: Trump Supporters Were More Motivated by Racism Than Economic Issues
- Fusion: The Long, Lucrative Right-wing Grift Is Blowing Up in the World's Face
- Ars Technica: Is the dark really making me sad?
- Wired: Tech Bigwigs Know How Addictive Their Products Are. Why Don’t the Rest of Us?
- The New York Times: How Uber Uses Psychological Tricks to Push Its Drivers’ Buttons
- DDC Hardware typeface - I love this new (old) font. I'm using it on my site at this moment!
- Content Design Centre: Example content strategy
- Deep Photo Style Transfer - The examples here are amazing.
- Hackernoon: Mastodon - The creator of Mastadon on what the heck Mastodon is. (It's a distributed alternative to Twitter that people are using to be social rather than whatever people are doing on corporate social media.) See also:
- Motherboard: Mastodon Is Like Twitter Without Nazis, So Why Are We Not Using It?
- weinre - A great tool I've been using to debug sites on an iPhone while developing on Windows.
- NetData - Nicely designed server monitoring tool.
- Mozilla Hacks: Do not let your CDN betray you: Use Subresource Integrity
- Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2017