There's so much happening that I'd like to comment on right now, but I need to concentrate on some other writing. Here's what I would blog about if I had time:
- Congrats Andy and Leonard and George on selling Upcoming to Yahoo!
- I have high hopes for Ning and I love the idea behind it. Just like weblog tools let people without much technical experience become web publishers, I think Ning could let amateurs build fairly sophisticated social applications. And when lawyers and knitters start building applications, interesting things will happen. I haven't had much time to play with it yet.
- What can be done to save the movie industry? Snakes on a Plane.
- weblogs.com purchased by Verisign for
$5 million $2 million. (huh.)
- Weblogs Inc. purchased by AOL for $25 million. (double huh?)
- I'd like to remind the investment community that I run a site with the word "blogs" in the title.
And on that other writing, poking and prodding Flickr
has been fun. The book is coming along—and I need to get back to it.
: AOL bought 31 blogs
. [via Waxy
] That's ~$806,451/blog. I hope the weblog authors see some of that money, because they're currently getting around $4/post