Random D&D Links
After taking the summer off, my D&D group is gearing up to play again so I've been gathering links. Here are some that I've found useful recently:
- dwgill: Rollout - New character stat generator. Click the Presets for some good alternate rules you could try. Here's a longer description: A(nother) Dungeons & Dragons Attribute Generator.
- Github: Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator - whoa.
- RPG Stack: How can I describe hit point damage without talking about wounds? - Great ideas for narrating combat in the comments here.
- Dungeon Dudes (YouTube): Five Simple House Rules for Better Combat - I like all of these alternate rules adapted from 4th edition.
- Mega-Tutorial: Fantasy Worldbuilding - A good summary of real-world medieval history through the lens of building RPG settings.